Monday 28 November 2011

SIR ANTHONY HOPKINS & THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE WALK DOWN THE AISLES - SO WHO'S NEXT?



Bumped into Sir Anthony Hopkins in Waitrose at Menai Bridge last week ... 

Well okay, truth be told, I bumped into the shop assistant who bumped into Sir Anthony Hopkins in Waitrose last week – but I was still as amazed as she was, although probably for a slightly different reason.

It seems like only yesterday that one could find a parking space, no matter what the time of day, at the old Coop (Waitrose before the make-over) and that you could top up your tank next door at the little family run garage.

 Now it’s not that I’m complaining, I do honestly love the new-look gateway to Anglesey, but I do find myself reminiscing about a yesteryear that is barely twelve months old!

Take the Anglesey Arms for instance – what a transformation – and even the post office has gone posh! It’s all good stuff for the area, especially the influx of glitterati who are gracing the aisles of our supermarkets - but I do draw the line when it comes to one particular institution. I go so far as to say that I might even consider setting up camp in the middle of High Street and exercising my right to picket if the make-over-fairies ever attempt to get their hands on Evans Bros! 

No comments:

Post a Comment